Friday, December 28, 2012

Diaphragm Usage In Your Vocals...

Since I am still considering myself to be a part time vocalist, I always like to check out what other people (especially in other genres where vocals are top notch) are doing to keep their voices in check night after night.  A great place to find some of these video and tutorials is obviously YouTube, sometimes even for free.

So I came across an R&B vocalist Eric Arceneaux who has had some great success teaching people of the online world how to use their diaphragm to their advantage in singing... something I was told again and again in vocal lesson training.  Long story short, the use of your diaphragm takes the pressure off your vocal chords somewhat and gather more gusto/air so you can hold and waver notes for longer periods of time and just as strong the whole way through.  Each video lasts approximately 10 mins and encourage you to take a gander.  I still do my Melissa Cross vocal warm-ups before everyone show and it pays off, so feel free to ask for other vocal training videos, or even scour Youtube yourself.





No comments:

Post a Comment