Monday, January 20, 2014

Amon Amarth - Father of the Wolf

The online buzz has been surrounding the new Amon Amarth single "Father of the Wolf" and I have to agree with the buzz today.  This video landed in my feed despite not being a massive fan of these guys.  With a time total just over 10 minutes, I knew there was a fair amount of dialogue in this video either as a precursor or conclusion to the story of this video.

A few comments from the online world read as such...

"This is the best and greatest music video ever made. I'd pay a Redbox fee to watch this shit." -Schuler Benson

"Amon Amarth should make a whole movie with their music in it just like Nightwish did with Imaginaerum." -vesper selene1

"Attention all musicians on Earth: you can go home, Amon Amarth has won." -Marcos Gabriel Leão Muñoz

Not that I claim (or will claim) this is the best music video ever created, but the fact that it caught my attention without being a huge fan has got me intrigued.  The CGI is rather good, the song is decent and the camera work is exceptional.  Check it out for yourself and post your own thoughts.  Anyone else in the mood for some Lord of the Rings or Thor?



"Father of the Wolf" is taken from Amon Amarth's latest album "Deceiver of the Gods", which was released on June 25th, 2013 via Metal Blade Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment