Monday, January 2, 2012

The Myth of The Human Abstract

Well, yet another amazing project seems to be getting put on the back burner for awhile.  Such a damper to the start of 2012.  Hopefully, we see a reunion of The Human Abstract sooner than later:



"Fuck. How can I put this?

It was hard enough answering fan question while I was working for Protest the Hero. Folks, we are not looking for a new vocalist. We are not touring anytime soon. I think it’s only fair you guys know that we’re on “break or hiatus if you will.” I don’t know why we haven’t said anything.

I guess it’s because there is always that “maybe if something happens, etc..etc…” Or maybe it’s hard for us to realize the reality of our situation, the bands situation, to finally let go. I’ll be honest when I say the folllowing: Periphery and Never Say Die were our last tours together as a band.

It was amazing experience while it lasted. Dean is going back to USC to further his education. AJ, as you know will always continue writing and teaching. Brett, I am sure has something up his sleeve.

Thank you to everyone who came out to show their love for the band and the music. I’m proud to say that I got to perform and record along side such amazing musicians.

Does that answer your question?"

-Henry Selva (Bass, THA, far right)

Before the announcement of the seperation, THA recently uploaded some unreleased footage from the sessions.  These videos were footage for their last release “Digital Veil”:



And for your listening pleasure, a tribute montage to some great THA tunes over the past years.  Cheers to them:

Vela, Together We Await The Storm


Patterns



Digital Veil



Faust

No comments:

Post a Comment