Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Amend The Overseer

Hailing from Bentonville, Arkansas, The Overseer has been coming up frequently in the news feeds so I thought to give em a show with their new music video "Amend".  The video is a standard 'guys jumping around' in what looks to be a warehouse of some sort.  As funny as it seems, my first reaction to this video was the eerie shadow of some "Norma Jean" influences.  My reaction seemed to be spot on since I found out it was directed by former NJ drummer Daniel Davison (now currently drumming for Underoath).


“I have mixed emotions about shooting this music video.  It was one of the most fun yet exhausting days I’ve ever been through.  Make no mistake - playing through a song 100 or so times can wear you out!  But we endured it and are really pleased with the results.  Daniel Davidson was really easy to work with and I certainly wouldn’t be disappointed if we worked with him again!” -Abishai Collingsworth

All in all, I thought it to be a cool song with some great groove to it.  The video honestly didn't do much for me but I am still going to give the benefit of the doubt and check out their album when it drops next week (June 19th, 2012).  I will admit that I tend to flock towards the Solid State Record bands simply because they tend to have a great feel to MOST of their bands.


"We Search, We Dig" track listing:

1. Secrets
2. Dredge
3. Amend
4. Dreamer
5. Mendacious
6. Traitor
7. Vulture
8. Lost
9. Estrange
10. Absolve

"We Search, We Dig is an aggressive rock record that's going to be a refreshing sound to this generation and today's music scene.  Fans are really going to love the expected heavy aspect of the album... But it's not a 'breakdown' heavy, exactly.  The album has a lot of smooth softer rhythms and melodies that really set up big impacting choruses and riffs." -Bradley Riggs



The Overseer is:

Anthony Rivera - Vocals | Darren King - Guitar/Vocals | Bradley Riggs - Bass | Abishai Collingsworth - Drums

For more of a feel for the album, check out the first single "Dreamer" (Lyric Video):



As well as their new music video (As of Sept. 6, 2012) "Absolve":



You can pick up a copy of them album here.  The album dropped on June 19th, 2012 via Solid State Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment