Wednesday, August 15, 2012

AxeWound: Vultures

Alright folks, time for some new blood.  As most of you in the metal industry have probably heard already, members from Cancer Bats, as well as Bullet For My Valentine have joined forces in a new heavy project entitled AXEWOUND.  

"It's going to be different, not being the main vocalist, but it's something I look forward to, [to] just enjoy being a guitar player and a songwriter.  It's not something I ever wanted to do, [to] be the frontman of the band. I was always the guitar player who could sing at the same time and that is how I ended up doing what I do.



"It's going to be a different experience. I've never not been in a band without singing so it'll be quite odd to be up there without a microphone in my face for the whole show. But Liam is a dream to work with and one of the most ferocious vocalists." -Matt Tuck


AxeWound conists of:

Matt Tuck - Guitars/Vocals | Liam Cormier - Vocals | Jason Bowld  - Drums| Mike Kingswood - Guitars | Joe Copcutt - Bass

"The first phone call I made was to Liam [Cormier, of CANCER BATS]. We've toured the world together and I've always admired the furious energy he brings to a performance.  That was when it really hit me, we had something special here, way more than just a studio project. We've gotta take this show on the road!" - Matt Tuck


Since then, the guys have announced the North American release of their debut LP, "Vultures", which will drop on October 2nd, 2012 via Search And Destroy Records/The End.  So far, no sign of an album cover yet, but I did manage to get a hold of a track listing:

1. Vulture (feat. Avenged Sevenfold‘s Synyster Gates)
2. Post Apocalyptic Party
3. Victim
4. Cold
5. Burn Alive
6. Exochrist
7. Collide
8. Destroy
9. Blood Money
10. Church

You can also check out their debut music video for track #4, "Cold", as well as for track #6, "Exochrist":





So are you guys ready for them to make their debut over in Canada/US?!  Since I am Toronto based, I got a hold of the poster (from Inertia Entertainment) for the Toronto stop.  The rest of the date are listed below:


The rest of the tour is as follows:

Nov. 27 - Baltimore, MD - Baltimore Sound Stage 
Nov. 28 - New York, NY - The Studio @ Webster Hall 
Nov. 29 - Montreal, QC - Katacombes 
Nov. 30 - Toronto, ON - The Annex Wreck Room 
Dec. 01 - Chicago, IL - Reggie's Rock Club 
Dec. 03 - San Francisco, CA - Bottom Of The Hill 
Dec. 04 - Anaheim, CA - Chain Reaction 


We also lucked out and found some live footage of AxeWound playing at the 2012 Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium (June 24th):









More video can be found on YouTube, thanks to a friendly user who uploaded soooo many videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment