Friday, August 24, 2012

What Gets You Going For A Friday/Weekend?

So today, I decided to send out the good Friday vibes to all my friends in family with a Facebook post:

"Time to get a convo going this morning with everyone...name a song that always gets you pumped up for Friday or the weekend. Drop a name or a YouTube clip!"

I, myself always have some great Friday morning tunes that jump between rock, metal, classical, even hip-hop/electronica, anything that basically gets me ready for another day of work in the city, as well as something to keep me going till that punch clock says I can leave (haha).  So I leave you with a few notable Friday morning gems of my own that get me going:


The Damned Things - Friday Night (Going Down In Flames)


Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)


The Mudmen - Saturday

Having launched that post, I got some diverse answers from some of my friends and readers.  I got to agree that it doesn't matter what you listen to in the morning, it's what gets you going for the day.

"If you must have motivation, think of your paycheck on Friday." -Noel Coward

Below, check out some of the awesome (and sometimes weird) responses I got to my post...


Sick of It All - Hello Pricks


Rebecca Black - Friday

As much as it pains me to put her music on one of my articles, I had to be fair to the readers. :-\

Sorry to all those who got turned of by this song (haha)


The Cure -  Friday I'm In Love


BRODYQUEST


Michael Gray - The Weekend


Jump Smokers (feat. Pitbull) - Superstar


Star Slinger - Bumpkin


Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi

hahahaha!  Awesome.


Aaron Pritchett - Let's Get Rowdy

Thanks for all those who submitted a video this morning, keep the conversation going and drop a comment on the article here or over at AFGM Facebook.  Cheers and have a great weekend!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment