Thursday, December 5, 2013

Music Video Round-Up For December 5th, 2013

So this would be the right time to go through all the subscriptions in my YouTube feed and see if we have any noteworthy music videos and live cuts.  Like most times I log on, there are a few hundred videos to go through that consist of pretty much anything in the music world (album singles, teasers, VLOGs, tour updates, lyric videos, etc.) and much like my countless hours spent in front of a TV watching Much Music in my youth, I love to see what a band produces visually.  Kind of like a creative masterpiece to add to the song and make it a full blown story.  So her are my top YouTube picks for the week.  Cheers!



Bad Religion - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing:



"Hark!  The Herald Angels Sing" is taken from Bad Religion's latest release "Christmas Songs", which was released on October 29th, 2013 via Epitaph Records.


Lindsey Stirling & Kuha'o Case - Oh Come, Emmanuel:




I SEE STARS - Murder Mitten:



"Murder Mitten" is taken from I See Stars' latest release "New Demons", which was released on October 22nd, 2013 via Sumerian Records.


CROSSFAITH - Countdown To Hell:



"Countdown To Hell" comes off Crossfaith's latest release "Apocalyze", which was released on September 4th, 2013 via Zestone Records.


SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - Smash It!:



"Smash It!" comes off of Suicidal Tendencies latest release "13", which was released on March 26th, 2013 via Suicidal Records.


EPICA - Martyr Of The Free Word (Retrospect Live DVD):



"Martyr of the Free Word" comes from Epica's latest DVD release "Retrospect Live", which was released on November 8th, 2013 via Nuclear Blast Records.


INTRONAUT - Harmonomicon:



"Harmonomicon" comes off of Intronaut's album "Habitual Levitations (Instilling Words with Tones)", which was released on March 19th, 2013 via Century Media Records.


IN THIS MOMENT - Whore:



"I knew how amazing placing the visual arts to 'Whore' would be when we wrote it, and I have been waiting to release this video since we recorded the song," Brink continues of the band's new video.

I am so passionate about the concepts and every single detail that goes into shooting a music video, and I created my own stimulating visual metaphor to make this.  I am grateful to have worked with Robert Kley again; he always seems to help me bring what I see in my mind to life.

'Whore' is a song that pushes boundaries, and I needed the video to do the same. The song is about taking back control. It is about rising above and finding the power within ourselves. I hope everyone enjoys it!" -Brink

No comments:

Post a Comment