Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Silent Planet - The Night God Slept

While these guys are new to my ears and new to Solid State Records, I am thoroughly interested in Silent Planet.  Their debut record "The Night God Slept" is getting smile and good reviews across the board and (personally) has made a great impact on their debut record.  Sometimes you have to search for the difference between metalcore bands since they can easily start to flow together.  Lyrical content seems to be a driving force for the album with websites like New Noise and Indie Vision Music citing same reasons.

"Apathy was our anchor to a digital sea where you drown in the comfort of our complicity"



"Should I sleep or should I die alone? Life to death or flesh to decompose. You've captured me.

Should I sleep or should I die alone? Should I die alone? Life to death or flesh to decompose."

The songs tell a story and the music goes along perfectly with said story.  The guitar tones are heavy driven, the drums are pretty on par with album flow and the overall structure of the album has songs flowing into each other seamlessly.  Overall, I have been a big fan of many Solid State bands.  So Silent Planet will join my roster of great bands like Haste The Day, August Burns Red, Underoath, Demon Hunter, Becoming The Archetype Living Sacrifice, The Agony Scene, Destroy The Runner, Inhale/Exhale, The Showdown, Oh Sleeper, and Wolves At The Gate.


1. The Well
2. XX (City Grave)
3. I Drowned In The Desert
4. Native Blood
5. Tiny Hands (Au Revoir)
6. firstwake
7. Darkstrand (Hibakusha)
8. First Mother (Lilith)
9. To Thirst For The Sea
10. Wasteland
11. Depths II

No comments:

Post a Comment