Wednesday, August 5, 2015

AFGM Is Moving!

Hey there folks,

Just a quick update for all you readers.  Even though I realize a fair amount of my article don't necessarily reflect the great city of Toronto that I reside in, but there are a few that make it through the cracks once and awhile.  That being said, I would like to thank all my dedicated readers for continually interacting, sharing, and engaging with me on this site.  While this is not the end of AFGM, you will see a lack of articles for the next 2 months or so.  The reason why?  AFGM is moving to Calgary, AB!

(Artwork by AFGM, photo courtesy of Wikipedia)

While my personal goals have brought me to the gorgeous province of Alberta, I did not want AFGM to be left behind.  Moving forward, you will start to see small changes around the AFGM site such as venue links, concert promoters, upcoming show changes, and music article revolving around the new city I will be living in.

I know what you're all thinking though; country music, twang, and bluegrass rule the land over in Alberta.  While that might be arguably true (depending on who you talk to), Calgary is a great up and coming scene for rock, metal, hip-hop, and other genres you wouldn't think to be part of the normal routine.  I am very much looking forward to reviewing shows, checking out venues, and shooting photos of bands rolling through town.  There is a lot to work on for a hobby.

I still plan to have Craig and other guest writers help me fill in what's happening on the east side of Canada, so don't feel like I have abandoned you all.  I am very excited to share this new adventure with you all.  Who knows, maybe AFGM will become a much bigger operation out west.  One can only dream...

1 comment: