Friday, September 23, 2011

The Challenge



Tori Amos, a singer, songwriter and pianist had recently sat down with Spinner.com , discussing her "challenge" (which I have no idea what prompted this).  Apparently, Amos is claiming the emotion in her songs is more powerful than anything the heaviest of metal bands can churn out.  Amos had the following to say about the so called challenge:

"Sometimes you don't know how music affects people. I embrace that because I don't think that just because I talk about emotional stuff that it's not motherfucker stuff. I'll stand next to the hardest fucking heavy metal band on any stage in the world and take them down, alone, by myself. Gauntlet laid down, see who steps up. See who steps up!  I'll take them down at 48. And they know I will. Because emotion has power that the metal guys know is just you can't touch it. Insanity can't touch the soul. It's going to win every fucking time."

You can read the full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment