Friday, September 23, 2011

God F**kin Bless Ozzy Osbourne!

Fans of the great Ozzy Osbourne will now be able to see his most intimate moments in front and behind the spotlight, as his documentary is soon to be hitting DVD/Blu-Ray, as well as a new deal with Canada's Cineplex (find Cineplex info about the movie here).  The film is scheduled to hit theatres on October 26th across Canada. (NOTE:  Not all theatres will be showing the film so be sure to check back regularly for updates on times and locations)

"This is the most honest portrait of my father.  I set out to tell the truth - regardless of how raw it might be - and I think we accomplished just that," - Jack Osbourne (Producer of the film)


Ozzy's documentary has been scheduled for release on DVD/Blu-Ray for November 15th, 2011 via Eagle Rock Entertainment.

"Ozzy Osbournes four decade track record as a culturally relevant artist is unprecedented, but his personal struggles have been shrouded in secrecy, until now. Featuring never before seen footage uncovered from the archives and interviews with Paul McCartney, Tommy Lee and others, God Bless Ozzy Osbourne is he first documentary to take viewers inside the complex mind of Rock's great icon. Emerging from a working class family in war torn England, Osbourne and his neighborhood friends formed Black Sabbath and invented heavy metal. Plagued by self doubt, Osbourne the solo superstar went on a binge that lasted 40 years. God Bless Ozzy Osbourne will relive the highs of his triumphs as well as his journey to sobriety, which Ozzy regards as his greatest accomplishment." -IMDB.com

For those that did not get the chance to view it during its runs in film festivals, here is what to expect from the documentary:
(God Bless Ozzy Osbourne - Trailer)

Be sure to keep checking the Cineplex website for update on this documentary in your local theatre.  And to the end of this, I think the Ozz says it best himself:

"All my life I've been over the top
I don't know what I'm doing all I know is I don't wanna stop.
All fired up, I'm gonna go 'til I drop
You're either in or in the way, don't make me I don't wanna stop."

No comments:

Post a Comment