Thursday, March 14, 2013

St. Patrick's Day 2013 Playlist

Anyone else getting the green vibes lately?  Have you all made preparations for the upcoming festivities we as North Americans have been doing for generations?  Are you all dreading the hangovers the next morning?  Well shit folks, that's what it's all about!

This will be the starting of a great adventure as I travel to Boston to celebrate my Irish heritage and to see the brothers south of the border are made of.  Plenty of exploring to do between Harvard, TD Gardens, Freedom Walk and much more.  But what I'm really looking for is a place to grab a couple pints of Guinness with my family and start to slowly slur my sentences.  I have been an avid fan of celebrating SPD, with years of pub crawling under my belt I was hoping to take my drinking and partying abroad this year.


Now considering Boston has one of the largest Irish decent populations in North America, how could I say no?!  Taking it one step further, I have secured a few tickets to see the Dropkick Murphys kick off the Irish festivities at TD Gardens tomorrow night.  They will be supported by a slew of bands such as Black 47, The Mahones, and Old Man Markley. The acoustic concourse stage will include sets by Old Brigade, Brian McPherson and Sun Cooked.



So I know that everyone will have their own little fun this weekend, no matter where in the world you are.  As long as you got some buddies and a pint of beer, you're in good company.  So what do you all have for a playlist this weekend?  I took a look over the past years of tunes I love to get drunk to.  So if you don't have a list of your own, then be sure to use this (and add to it) as a template.  Cheers and see you all next week!



























Not really Irish related, but it's still a damn good tune to drink to.  So it was added:

No comments:

Post a Comment