Friday, March 22, 2013

Music News and New Music for March 22-24, 2013

So keeping the momentum going with these posts.  They seem to be hitting off quite well with you readers and are great little tid bits of info to keep you informed on music news and not have to troll through all the BS articles that some newspapers and websites publish.  This is what I normally do during the day anyway.  not just write but also to indulge in what others have to say.  And trust me, there's a lot of it (haha).

Drake raps about Toronto's Danzig Street shooting

"Told you no guns and you didn't listen/ Life is so heavy with that on your soul/ Dedicate this to Shyanne and Josh/ And pour something out for the lives that they stole," raps the locally reared rap star, who ends the verse by calling out Toronto's three-digit area code: "416."



"In the studio with my girl and Eddie Vedder, recording strings for Pearl Jam's new album."



"Every once in a while we talk about it. For the Sound City gig here in London we were thinking about musicians that we could invite because Stevie Nicks and John Fogerty couldn't make it. Someone came up with the idea of doing a Nirvana song with PJ Harvey. Kurt loved her and we love her and we thought, 'Yeah, what would we do?' I said: 'God, what if we were to do 'Milk It' from 'In Utero' with Polly singing?' We all looked at each other like, 'Woah, that would be amazing…' and then she couldn't do it!"


Chili Peppers’ Chad Smith Lobbies for Music Education in Washington

"Right now, [music education] is in jeopardy, and they have the power to change it and do something good here for everybody and every kid.  If I didn't have music education in school, I probably would have ended up in jail or dead. And instead I ended up in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame."



David Cronin: Do you think the campaign for a cultural boycott of Israel is having an impact?

RW: I’d like to think that it was.

My experience when I speak to people to and say “don’t go” is either they reply “that sounds good” or they say “don’t you think it’s better to go there?”

Well, no, I fucking don’t.

I think that the kind of boycott that was implemented against the apartheid regime in South Africa back in the day is probably the most effective way to go because the situation is that the Israeli government runs an apartheid regime in Israel, the occupied territories and everywhere else it decides. Let us not forget that they laid waste to most of Lebanon around the time I started getting involved in this issue. They destroyed airports, hospitals, any public buildings they could.

They are running riot and it seems unlikely that running over there and playing the violin will have any lasting effect.


OZZY OSBOURNE 'Would Die A Happy Man' If He Could Collaborate With ADELE:

“I’d die a happy man, I think she’s fucking great. She’s not fucking botox-faced, she’s a normal, healthy girl who speaks in her native accent.”



“We’re older guys now. The band has changed drastically. We’re very distant people now and have our own lives. It’s always been like that. It’s been a collective perspective even from the start, but now it’s much more diverse. And I’m not saying that’s bad. It’s just different.

So writing is a different perspective now. It’s taken a little longer. And besides that, we’ve had a couple major setbacks that we’re recovering from. I’m calling March “March Madness” because I’ve been really trying to kick ass and focus on this thing and get it to a point where we’re all happy. I really love those guys. And people grow and they change; it’s just like a relationship.

You just have to compromise and respect each other. It’s just like life. It’s like anything else. That’s where it’s at.”


Mindless Self Indulgence Set May Release Date For New Album (May 14th release date for "How I Learned To Stop Giving A Shit And Love Mindless Self Indulgence"):

“We invented our own sound 15 years ago and stuck with it and persevered like The Cramps or The Ramones. When you want MSI, you come to MSI and we give you MSI. We don’t give a shit what you think and we love our job… and THAT is why the album is titled How I Learned Not To Give a Shit And Love Mindless Self Indulgence… It’s very self-referential.”


SCOTT WEILAND Is 'Definitely Not' Closing The Door To Working With STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Again

"They’ve done it before, and they can do it again. They’re good players. I respect them. Every band has issues. I just think sometimes people say things before they really think about it. I know that I’ve done that in the past. I was guilty of it with Velvet Revolver after myself and [drummer] Matt [Sorum] got into an argument backstage before an encore. That led me to say that I wasn’t going to play any more shows with those guys. So I think that the fact this tour was doing so well was a reactionary thing on their part. But it actually isn’t quite so simple."



Otherwise, there isn't much else to say about Anthems, other than the fact that the production is fantastic, making it one of the more crisp releases I've heard lately. But for the most part, this is one for Anthrax fanatics who want to have the full discography.


Album Review: INTRONAUT Habitual Levitations (Instilling Words With Tones)

I can say that Habitual Levitations represents the band's most successful alchemy to date of their early, sludge-heavy groove and the later, more textural work. The physical and the intellectual are finally at one here. Is it Intronaut's best album? I tend to shy away from such comparisons, especially for bands with a unique palette and singular vision… it's an unfair analogy since it's impossible to recapture the revelation of witnessing that previously untapped combination of sounds and influences for the first time. It's doubly hard for an ensemble like Intronaut, who  arrived fully formed with seemingly little room for improvement, instrumentally or otherwise. 


ALTER BRIDGE To Release Box Set In May




SLASH Begins 'Demo Process' For Next Solo Album




LENG TCH'E Complete Pre-Production For New Album


No comments:

Post a Comment