Friday, November 22, 2013

The Wild Feathers - The Company You Want In The Backwoods

Just a quick post this morning as my sibling and I were discussing the Gary Clark Jr concert in Toronto this past Monday (@ The Danforth Music Hall).  When Gary announced he will be on tour with The Wild Feathers, I honestly thought it was his back up band.  Goes to show you how much I pay attention I guess (haha).  Nonetheless, the five piece group from Nashville, TN hopped on stage and pretty much got the crowd's attention from the first song.

So if you are new to these guys, same as I am, here is some info from their debut self-titled release.  It dropped in North America on August 13th, 2013 via Warner Bros. Records.


1. Backwoods Company
2. American
3. I Can Have You
4. Tall Boots
5. The Ceiling
6. Left My Woman
7. I'm Alive
8. Hard Wind
9. If You Don't Love Me
10. Hard Times
11. Got it Wrong
12. How

The album was produced by Jay Joyce, who has also worked with artists such as Eric Church, The Wallflowers, Little Big Town, Cage the Elephant, and more!



"They're like if Led Zeppelin & The Band had a baby in Joshua Tree that grew up listening to Ryan Adams covering the Stones 70's country influenced songs."

So how about a sample?  Better yet, how about the whole album?!  Below you can stream The Wild Feathers' entire debut album.  Cheers and TGIFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment