Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Descend - Wither

Almost landed right on my ass this morning!  And no it wasn't from the fresh snowfall we got here in lovely Toronto, it came after taking a listen to Descend's latest single "Diabolic".  While I haven't spoken to my friend Justin in some time, I knew that new material was on the way for the band and I was expecting something special.  This is what I got:



As humble as my friend might be, this was top quality music in my books.  Tight rhythms, good sound on the bass and the kick drum, good gains on the guitar and well structured for an 8 minute song.  The album artwork is nothing to shy away from either as I am trying to see the correlation of the artwork with the music.  Very dark...very Descend.  That's all I got to say.  Artwork was done by Emil Maxén.  Trying to keep my bias aside, I am truly hopeful that their upcoming release "Wither" will take these guys to a new level and with crossing fingers, we might finally get to see them do a North American stint.

So for all you fans already won over, "Wither" will be released January 24th, 2013 via Inverse Records.  This marks the first release for Descend through Inverse Records as their previous release, "Through The Eyes of the Burdened", was released visa Supernova Records.


1. Confined By Evil 
2. The Rancorous Paradigm 
3. In Hours Of Despair
4. Severance
5. Wither 
6. Diabolic
7. From Grace To Grave
8. Sundown



"Combining melodic harmonies, acoustic passages and death metal riffs, the band manages to effortlessly swing back and forth from tranquil, atmospheric playing to a barage of apocalyptic death metal.

From the opening drum fill in Confined By Evil all the way up to the final ringing notes in Sundown, Wither takes the listener through a dark, thought provoking, malevolent journey, certain to leave the listener asking for more.

Wither is one the must have records of 2014 and will land Descend their rightful place in the top section of bands in the progressive death metal genre." -Inverse Records (press release)


More info as we come closer to the release date folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment