Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Everbody Wants The Struts

Craig: I shared a video of a band called The Struts from England. Their vocalist (Luke Spiller) did vocals for Mike Oldfield latest album ' Man on the Rocks'. Can we maybe mention them on AFGM?  Their first album is available on iTunes but a little bit of a promo on the blog would be cool.  They are a pretty good rock group and I think they will become a big hit.  Hope you like them.  I did an interview with Luke sometime ago, he is really cool.



Andrew: Listening to the album today and I agree they have a great Brit style rock n roll as you mentioned earlier.  They definitely remind me of a style that reinvents the wheel of Queen.  Kind of like a progression of that but adding their own uniqueness to the equation.  Not to mention the singer has a little flamboyance to him much like Freddie did to make the image of the band more fun like (also like the Darkness' Justin Hawkins) from what I saw on this post:


A huge thank you to Dame Zandra Rhodes for my amazing stage wear. I am so honoured to have worked with such a talent. These photos by Rhys Frampton were from our performances in Paris and the Isle Of Wight. Don't they look great!?! -Luke

Andrew: I would like however to get your perspective on the album and to get your take on how you found out about these guys, what brought you in to their sound, why you like them, and why its worth sharing with others.

What do you think?



Craig: Well I first heard about The Struts after hearing news about the new Mike Oldfield album called Man on the Rocks which featured vocalist Luke Spiller who I have never heard of him before nor has anyone else in the Mike Oldfield fan groups so I began to hear his band The Struts who are under Universal Records same group that Mike is under. I immediately loved his voice and I heard some stuff from his band like I liked very much. I recently purchased the debut album called Everybody Wants and I find myself listening to it often.

The sound is very British which I like with some very good sing along choruses and catchy riffs. I don't think there is one song that hate. Which is odd for me. The main single is She Makes Me Feel. The sound is as I said a typical British rock sound with some usual pop thrown in and even punk as well especially on the song My Machine.

(Photo courtesy of The Struts Facebook Page)

The Struts are:

Luke Spiller - Lead Vocals | Addo Slack - Guitar and Vocals
Jed Elliott - Bass and Vocals | Gethin Davies - Drums

Craig: I like this band for the vocal of Luke Spiller he has a unique vocal style and even his look is like a new version of Freddie Mercury just not the same vocal style though.  I want to share this music as I feel they will be a big deal in Europe soon and I don't want North America music listeners to miss out. Plus it is also a good plug for Mikes music as well if people like Luke Spiller and the band they might get into Mikes album "Man on the Rocks".

***

With that being said, The Strut's debut album titled "Everybody Wants" was released on July 28th, 2014 via Virgin/EMI Records.


1. Roll Up 
2. Could Have Been Me
3. Kiss This
4. Put Your Money On Me
5. She Makes Me Feel
6. My Machine
7. You & I
8. Dirty Sexy Money
9. Let's Make This Happen Tonight
10. Black Swan
11. Where Did She Go

No comments:

Post a Comment