Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Bush - Man On The Run

Well here we go again.  Another hit 90's band looking to make a new image in the new music industry.  Not saying that previous efforts of British rockers Bush have been ignored.  "Sea of Memories" was a decent comeback after a 10+ year hiatus but was obviously met with some critics and fans not buying into it.  I happen to be on the positive side of that album and to this day am still singing the chorus for "Sound of Winter" from time to time.  It's a good hook and catchy.  That's the vibe I got from the new single/music video "The Only Way Out" off this new album.  Check it out below and see what you think.  While it may not have that hard hitting distortion like classic tracks "Machinehead" or "Everything Zen", but have evolved much like the band.



Interesting concept with the video as well as it seems to have a blend of back and forth.  Kind of reminds me of their music.  Some songs bring me into the fold and get me interested (much like "Sound of Winter") while others (such as "The People That We Love") have me running the opposite way.  From what I have gathered off the three tracks being promoted (which are on this article), the band is taking a step in a further direction from their original sound.  Gavin Rossdale explains the creation behind "Man On The Run".

"I approached the whole record from the live perspective, thinking about the EDM music and what is it that people are getting so lost in EDM about and what is the whole tribal thing that's going on there? It's that moment in Ibiza where 10,000 people lift their hands up in the air and lose themselves in the music, that whole push-pull crowd control thing that I was really interested in capturing on this (album)." -Rossdale



Makes sense that Rossdale wants the music of Bush to translate into a spectacular live performance.  Capturing an audience's attention visually can make or break your entire show.  I know I have been the countless shows where the band in front of me (as well as their music) is not captivating me and from there the moment is lost.  Rossdale wants every part of Bush's performance to be a eye catching visual.

"Every song I write has to be able to co-exist with some big songs in our set list that people have come to accept as part of the fabric of Bush. There's not one song on the new record that isn't going to translate live." -Rossdale

So that being said, "Man On The Run" was released on October 21st, 2014 via Zuma Rock Records.  Album artwork, track listing, and singles are listed below.


1. Just Like My Other Sins
2. Man On The Run
3. The Only Way Out
4. The Gift
5. This House Is On Fire
6. Loneliness Is A Killer
7. Bodies In Motion
8. Broken In Paradise
9. Surrender
10. Dangerous Love
11. Eye Of The Storm

12. Let Yourself Go (deluxe edition bonus track)
13. Speeding Through The Bright Lights (deluxe edition bonus track)
14. The Golden Age (deluxe edition bonus track)



The album is being produced by Nick Raskulinecz, who has also worked with other artists such as Foo Fighters, Ghost, Deftones, Alice In Chains, Big Wreck, Stone Sour, Evanescence, Mastodon, and more.  Other production duties handled by Jay Baumgardner, who has done previous work with  Helmet, Sevendust, Papa Roach, Coal Chamber, Godsmack, Three Days Grace, P.O.D., New Found Glory, Spineshank, Alien Ant Farm and Orgy, and more.

"They say the hardest thing for a writer is putting yourself in a seat to do it. I'm really untrained with music, so it's always a natural process of understanding more about music by writing songs. So it's a grand voyage of discovery. I have a good time doing it, I love my job. I just dive right in. I have a collection of words that I've been writing over the previous couple of years... I have a file of that stuff and each day I dive into that and see if there's anything I can salvage. Then I think of the tempo and the feeling of the songs and how it fits my mood for that day." -Rossdale

Further information regarding a tour has yet to be revealed, but we assume the band will follow this with a continental/worldwide tour.  And shhhh!  Don't tell anyone that I found a stream of the entire album streaming online.  So have a listen and be sure to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment