Friday, October 17, 2014

Random Music Quotes: Green

"I think it's great to grab people's attention when you take things out of context or try to creat some type of flow [and generate] controversy. I think the negative energy can go both ways. It can also backfire in your face if you're putting out that negative energy. And I feel that happens most of the time, if not all the time. When you're out there and you're just putting so much crap or shit out there, as far as talking and blah blah blah, then it's definitely gonna come back to hit you in the face. I think, in a way, people believe a lot of things that are being said that are completely ridiculous. It happens in everything, not only in music, but just in media itself, as far as mainstream media.

(Photo courtesy of Wikipedia)

People see it and they go, 'Oh, I believe that, totally,' And it's just not true. Unfortunately, that can have an effect on us, and it has, I think, in the past in certain ways. But at the same time, I remember being young and just 100 percent into hardcore and just, like, 'I don't like any other styles of music.' It was hard for me to open up. I remember, I was at a point where I was talking shit about a band, a local band from Cleveland, or at least someone in the band, and the shit got back to me. It was, really, walking down the street and I saw the dude, and it was just, like, 'Pop!' Like, right in the face. [Laughs] I was, like, 'OK, I'm on the ground now. I should probably just keep my mouth shut.' And I learned a lesson from that. I was, like, 14 or something, 15, and I was just, like, man, you have to be really cautious with what you say, 'cause it can really come back when you least expect it." -Derrick Green

No comments:

Post a Comment