Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Random Music Quotes: Grohl

"First of all, I'm so goddamn busy I can't spend time thinking about anything outside of what I have to do today. There are times where I will sit down, take a deep breath, drop my shoulders, and I just kind of breathe and deflate. But I'm not kidding—that happens about once a year for three and a half minutes. In that time, I can really appreciate it... 

I'm very proud of what I've accomplished. But I still don't think I've done my best thing yet. I've always felt like that. I've always felt like the next record is going to be the last record. You have to say, "This next one is going to be the last one, so we have to make it good." We've said that eight times in the Foo Fighters across 20 years, every record. Just keep moving. 

(Photo courtesy of Wikipedia)

There's so much more to look forward to. That's something I learned after Nirvana was over. When Kurt died, I had this whole new outlook at life, that we're all so lucky to be here. You can't take life for granted. It's short. It's fragile. And you don't know when it's going to be taken away from you. So the short time that you're here? You just have to kick ass the whole time and not look back. That's basically what I try to do. I'm not ready to stop, but if it all ended today, I'd be the happiest person in the world." -Dave Grohl

No comments:

Post a Comment