Thursday, January 8, 2015

Lindemann

Well I think a Christmas present came late this year, but that's OK because I knew these guys did it just for me.  haha

So if you haven't noticed in the previous article here on AFGM, I am a little bit of a Rammstein fanboy.  I waited 11 years and travelled 12 hours just to get within 50 meters of the 120,000+ crowd in Quebec City, and even went to the depth of Pontiac, Michigan (just outside Detroit) for a chance to crowd surf at their show.  Actually, while you are here you can check out my article following my travels to the show:

(Photo courtesy of John Flatt)

AFGM: Roadtrip To Rammstein

Known for keeping in character heavily during his stage show, front man Till Lindemann has penned a few poetry books in his career that did not make it's way into a Rammstein song.  Now that guitarist Richard Kruspe has forged ahead with his sophomore Emigrate album, it leaves room for other band members to either relax, or dive into their own projects.  Till is one of those guys who is looking to also expand his creativity.

Announced in the early days of 2015, Till will be joining Pain/Hypocrisy founder Peter Tägtgren (who I am equally a HUGE fan of) for a brand new industrial style project simply titled "Lindemann".

(Photo courtesy of Lindemann Facebook page)

Interesting, yet creepy photo isn't it?  While I wish I could provide you with more information on the upcoming project it seems this is the extent of what we know (as well as the rest of the world).  A Facebook page surfaced, a cover photo, profile picture/logo, and the photo above are the only pieces of information so far.  So it's just a waiting game for us folks now.



I have no doubt in my mind that this will be a monster of an album when it is completed.  Both Peter and Till have spent many years in musical projects, on the road touring, and in the studio (Peter actually owns a studio called "The Abyss") so I know they would not dive into this project without doing their research.

(Photo courtesy of Lindemann Facebook page)

As of March 18th, the duo have released their album artwork (or at least the first of their album artwork).  It was flagged as NSFW, but I am really not sure what there is to be offended over?  It's odd don't get me wrong, but no more NSFW than some of the magazine covers I see on shelves and gossip websites.

(Album artwork courtesy of Lindemann)

And another photo update as of April 22nd, 2015.  This one only adds to the oddity that is Till and Peter.  "Skills In Pills" looks to be the name of the single, but I could be mistaken and might be the album title.


(Album artwork courtesy of Lindemann)

And finally as of May 28th, we finally get to see the first music video from their efforts.  Check out the video for "Praise Abort" below!



After another quick post by Lindemann's Facebook page, we now see a track listing for the upcoming album.  Looks like Till is up to his wonderful lyrical titles once again.  I love it!  The release date looks to be set for June 23rd, 2015 via Lindemann Records (under exclusive license to Warner Music Group Germany Holding GmbH / A Warner Music Group Company).

1. Skills In Pills
2. Ladyboy
3. Fat
4. Fish On
5. Children of the Sun
6. Home Sweet Home
7. Cowboy
8. Golden Shower
9. Yukon
10. Praise Abort
11. That's My Heart

(Album artwork courtesy of Lindemann)

Stay tuned, keep checking their social media (as well as AFGM), and I'm certain that music samples will be out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment