Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Gym Music VII

So go figure this.  I quit my gym that is literally 90 seconds away from my apartment because I was lacking motivation.  Since my day time shifts generally are 10.5/11hrs, I tend to have JUST enough time to get home, make dinner, and get ready for the next day's shift.  I did not feel the urge and motivation to push a 60-90 minute session after an 11hr day.  Most gym fans would tell me to 'suck it up buttercup' but sorry, my sleep takes precedence.

Anyways, I still felt the need to stay healthy so I am back to my gym sessions at my work.  It's a smaller gym than the one I was previously going to, but I do enjoy the $0/month this work gym offers me versus the $45/month I was previously being charged.  I guess the environment doesn't really matter for me.  As long as you have some good knowledge of your workouts, your muscles, and what you need to work on, then I am sure you will find benefit in any setting that represents fitness.

So one nice thing about my work gym...no one is there!  Being that most shifts at our work are staggered throughout the day, you never see another person in the gym with you; which means I can crank the s*t out of my favourite music.

(Artwork done by AFGM/Photo courtesy of Local Fitness)

So I was meaning to put this out to people here.  Do you:

- Find music soothing for your workout?
- Find it annoying and prefer to not have anything on?
- Just let the house music dictate?
- Find tunes that mimic the workout pace you are doing?
- Find tunes that motivate you to finish your sets?

Any answer is completely acceptable, but more curious as to why people have music in a gym and if it benefits them physically to have music on.  Listed below are some of the top tracks I have rotating on my playlist right now.  Hopefully some (if not all) make their way into yours!

Architects - Broken Cross:



"Broken Cross" is taken from Architect's latest album "Lost Forever // Lost Together", which was released on March 11th, 2014 via Epitaph Records.


Die Antwoord - Fatty Boom Boom:



"Fatty Boom Boom" is taken from Die Antwoord's sophomore studio album "Ten$ion", which was released on January 29th, 2012 via Zef Recordz.


Oceans Ate Alaska - High Horse: 



"High Horse" is taken from Oceans Ate Alaska's debut label album "Lost Isles", which was released on February 24th, 2015 via Fearless Records.


Sons of Texas - Never Bury the Hatchet:



"Never Bury The Hatchet" is taken from Sons of Texas' debut album "Baptized In The Rio Grande", which was released on March 3rd, 2015 via Razor & Tie Records.


Textures - Reaching Home:



"Reaching Home" is taken from Textures' latest album "Dualism", September 23rd, 2011 via Nuclear Blast Records.


Periphery - Alpha:



"Alpha" is taken from Periphery's latest double album "Juggernaut", which was released on January 27th, 2015 via Sumerian Records.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing great information with us,

    Interested in losing weight?
    Want To Build More Muscles?

    Sign-up to learn how to begin your weight loss journey!

    Book Your 1 On 1 PT Session With LEADING EDGE FITNESS Today!

    DON’T DELAY, THIS OFFER WILL END SOON
    info@leadingedgefitness.com.au
    www.leadingedgefitness.com.au

    ReplyDelete