Thursday, April 9, 2015

Care To Add To The Conversation?

You all probably know by now, trolling is a pet peeve of mine.  Not that I don't enjoy people's opinions, but if you are going to do so, then back it up with some knowledge instead of talking out of your ass.  I have also learned over the years that internet arguments get you nowhere.  They generally digress into physicality comments, something about your mum/dad, or what they perceive based on whatever "research" you have done about your opposition.

BUUUUT, once and awhile you have to throw your sense of good judgement into the mix.  Which is exactly what I did today.  I'll give you a quick synopsis of the conversation below.  While watching a video or a newly signed comical artist to Artery Records, some were quick to spew their own rhetoric and let people know exactly how they felt.  Below is the screen shot of that conversation and the interjecting of someone else coming to the opinionated defense.


I guess I am still trying to ask myself:

1. Was I right in calling out someone's bland opinion?
2. Was the ends worth the means?
3. Will this change anyone's perspective?

Chances are it's a "NO" for all three.  But when you love music as much as I do, you got to stick up for it once and awhile, even if you don't necessarily like the music they are producing.  Is this my new favourite artist?  No.  Will they be a popular household name?  Quite possibly.  Did I comment because I felt it was the right thing to do?  You're damn right!

I think in the end, all I was trying to convey is the old saying of "if you don't have anything to add to the conversation, then say nothing at all."  Whether or not you agree is completely up to you.  I know if I was a musician, I would prefer someone to tell me exactly why they didn't like my music and what I can do to maybe cater to a larger audience.

And so I now digress...

No comments:

Post a Comment