Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Ticket Stub Doormats?

I am sure that many of you readers have collected ticket stubs from the various concerts you have attended over the years.  I have spent a good portion of my life collecting these artifacts from my teens and early twenties, some of which are residing in pictures frames due to frailty.

So if you're like me and want to try and keep these stubs in your memory, a company based out of Metairie (borderline New Orleans) is now able to print those ticket stubs onto mugs, mats, etc.  While I understand it seems like we've been able to put photos on almost anything, this was on of the first times I have seen a company do this with ticket stub.
 
(Photo courtesy of Lakeside Photo Works)
 
I know what you are all thinking at this point.  You don't want to part with that stub that has been sitting in your collection for 10, 15, 20+ years.  That's quite OK, as I myself had doubts at first.  As it stands, there are three options they provide, which all look pretty safe and secure:

1. Capture your stub using your smartphone.
 
2. Mail your stubs to Lakeside Camera Photoworks.  Mailing in your tickets is the best way to ensure a quality mat. All tickets will be returned with your completed order.  All work is done in house by real live humans. Normal service turnaround is three business days + shipping if we ship.
 
3. If you're in the New Orleans area, bring your stub(s) in to Lakeside Camera Photoworks at 3508 21st Street in Metairie, Louisiana 70002. We are located across Severn Avenue from the Lakeside Mall, right next to Phil’s Grill.
 
Now there isn't any indication on the website that these items can be shipped internationally, but I am almost willing to give it a shot and see how much the shipping and handling costs.  If anyone has the chance to order from them, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment