Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tesseract Announces New Singer

It is a sad panda day for us in the metal world.  One band I have been particularly been paying close attention to the last few years is Tesseract.  Born out of the UK progressive scene, these boys have been touring nonstop with other progressive greats such as Devin Townsend Project, Periphery and newly popular Monuments.
(Daniel's last show with Tesseract in Melbourne, Australia)

Sadly, all good things must come to an end.  Daniel Tompkins, former vocalist, has announced his departure from this band to focus efforts in other music projects such as his solo effort Piano.  Daniel did happen to release some insight into his departure from his Facebook notes:

"Firstly I would like to apologise for keeping you all in the dark regarding my departure from TesseracT. Unfortunately it was a necessary silence and the decision when to announce the news was out of my control and more complicated than most people realise. Earlier today however TesseracT and 'Hold Tight! PR' released the news. I made the following statement:

(The full article can be read here)

My relationship with the rest of the guys hasn't changed and we continue to be great friends, which is very important to me and I hope in the future to work with the guys again in some capacity.  

Whilst it may be hard for some people to understand, there are many reasons for my departure. Personal circumstances and family life played a large role in the decision making process but it is no secret that I am a busy and ambitious vocalist and it's safe to say that I will be involved in some exciting music in the near future.  I would like to thank everyone for your continued support for both TesseracT and myself. It's been an emotional ride, travelling the world, making new friends, meeting some absolutely incredible people and playing some unbelievable shows that I will remember forever.
Lastly I'm very excited to hear what Elliot does with TesseracT, I honestly couldn't think of anyone better to do the job and I know he and TesseracT will have a successful future." - Daniel



Since Daniel's departure, Tesseract have quickly filled the vacant position with former Sky Eats Airplane vocalist Elliot Coleman.  A mobile phone video has surfaced with Elliot's first ever performance with Tesseract
in 
Crauford Arms, Milton Keynes, August 20th, 2011.


Tesseract will still be hard at work in the studio nonetheless, following up to their vastly popular album "One", and finishing up their touring in Australia, as well as their upcoming US tour with Animals as Leaders and Between The Buried and Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment