Monday, August 22, 2011

Watching The Throne

A quick post for this.  Now I know a lot of you fellow rockers may not agree or don't even care, but my love of music stretches beyond the shredding guitar and I sometimes turn to the soul of the music.  Major collaborations with music industry heavyweights never go unnoticed.  That is why I focused a small piece of my blog to Jay-Z and Kanye West.  Love em or hate em, these guys set out to dominate this year and they have successfully done that with the release of "Watch The Throne".

Now I can agree, like most rappers, tend to talk about things such as wealth, women and fame.  Now I haven't been through ALL the lyrics in the album, but I'm sure some references are there.  I tend to look past these lyrics (being I am a singer myself) and listen to the beats, melodies and rhythm behind these songs.  The Throne won me over with the low bass tones in their opening track "No Church In The Wild" (feat. Frank Ocean)


All in all, I must say these guys have made a impact on me enough to potentially ruin my reputation as a metal head, but at the end of the day, music is music people.  These guys sold 25,000 copies in the first week (Canada alone) and are going to to be grossing millions of dollars in revenue from their upcoming North American Tour.  Here is a music video for you all you....enjoy. Cheers!

[No Church In The Wild (feat. Frank Ocean)]

No comments:

Post a Comment