Friday, November 30, 2012

Moshing and Stage Diving (circa 95)

So my girlfriend is a pretty big fan of Marilyn Manson (collecting the books, buying the albums, etc).  So she showed my a YouTube clip of Manson on the Phil Donahue show back from 1995.  Not only can you tell its that era because of the video quality, but because Manson looks young, eager and full of knowledge that he's got to get out there.  Not that I mean to bash his legacy or whatever, but I've just been slightly disappointed the last couple times I've seen him (Air Canada Centre, Heavy TO).  This however doesn't change my opinion that he is still an amazing artist, a face for a generation and a poster child for things that 'normal' society would shy away from.  Remember when everything with Columbine came back on Manson and somehow it was his fault?  Yeah, that kind of society.

If you check out this interview below, Manson, as well as fellow band members and fans/rockers alike discuss the [then] current issues of moshing, stage diving, crowd control and security at concerts.  Quite the interesting POVs you get to hear from not only Manson but everyone involved in the discussion.



No comments:

Post a Comment