Friday, September 27, 2013

46 & 2: The Glee Episode We All REALLY Want To See

After my girlfriend (who is one of the biggest Tool fans I know) showed me this video, I HAD to share it with all you fine people reading AFGM.  I cannot recall the last time I heard/saw kids (and judging by their talent, I use the term 'kids' in the nicest of ways) where I have seen such precision and attention to detail in one single take (from what I have gathered from the video).  I'm almost certain that Keenan, Carey, Jones, and/or Chancellor would appreciate the amount of work these kids went to for an almost dead on performance.

So a quick little background bit about the video (most of which can be found on the YouTube credits).

- If you haven't guessed it already the song is a cover of Tool's "46 & 2".
- Photography / Videography: John Quinto
- Mastering Engineer: Steve Nagasaki
- Mixing Engineer: Dan Agee
- Lead Engineer: Zach Allen
- Assistant Engineer: Jarad Clement
- Cameramen: Simon Marts and John Quinto
- Jeremy Singer at Maineville Music Academy



Amazing job to everyone listed above and of course the students that took part in this video that all have some amazing talent (thank your coaches and teachers kids).  I hope that another song will come of this since you can see the great feedback they have been getting from the clip.


"Big Tool fan and this is pretty damn cool. I'm sure you get requests all the time, but it would be sick to hear this same group do Parabol/Parabola. Great thing you have going here, can't wait to hear more." -f9ql (YouTube User)


"Incredible performance. The amount of focus and concentration here is amazing, felt like I was hearing the song again for the first time. Thank you for that! Each one of you have an amazing future in music ahead of you." -Terry Heeter (YouTube User)


"I'm one of those kids who listened to TooL at the same time as taking Chorale in high school. We got to sing with the band but it would have been awesome to do this. I am beyond impressed. You're an awesome professor to have had your kids compose this! I almost cried a little too! GREAT JOB Y'ALL!!!!! That drummer killed it at the end!!!! Represent!!!!! <3" -moonbabyam


"Little girl doing vocals was amazing it's clear she's had some voice training and she needs to keep with it because she's feeling the jam and she's talented. All of these kids right down to the percussion group were just effin amazing!" -usernamemonopoly


"Bassist killed it. And he obviously has great taste with the Periphery shirt." -AbsentProductions

No comments:

Post a Comment