Friday, July 19, 2013

Gym Music III

So, let's take a look this week and see what I have in my playlist for the gym.  As you have seen in previous articles, I am a firm believer in a good soundtrack to accompany your workout.  I am also a firm believer that the playlist should represent your mood, intensity and energy while in the gym.


Too often do I visit an established gym only to find the same EDM/Top 40 tunes that every clothing and shoe store already have playing 10x/day.  While that may reflect a certain number of gym goers, I think that there is a wide range of tunes that are missed.

I am a heavy music kind of guy, we've established that.  So what am I listening to in the gym that keeps my blood pumping and my endorphins lasting longer?  These are the selection I chose in order to keep me going when my body starts to call it quits.


1) Blessed By A Broken Heart - Feel The Power

Recommended track: "Shut Up And Rock"




2) Caliban - I Am Nemesis

Recommended track: "Memorial"




3) The Devil Wears Prada - Dead Throne

Recommended track: "Born To Lose"




4) Misery Signals - Absent Light

Recommended track: "Luminary"




5) Volumes - VIA

Recommended track: "Edge of the Earth"




6) The Warriors - See How You Are

Recommended track: "The War Unseen"




7) Soul Embraced - Mythos

Recommended track: "The Live, We Sleep"



At the end of the day, it's whatever keeps you healthy and going the extra mile for that last rep/set.  Anyone care to divulge their "gym music" or add some recommendations or thoughts then you know the deal.  Comment, message, email, etc.  Cheers!

Be sure to check out my other gym playlists.

AFGM: Gym Music

AFGM: Gym Music II


No comments:

Post a Comment