Friday, July 12, 2013

Barenaked Ladies - Live @ The Amphitheatre

Happy Friday everyone!  So a funny series of events made last night an incredible night for AFGM.  While waiting at the media tent for my pass to get into the Guster, Ben Folds Five & Barenaked Ladies show (July 11th, 2013), I was told that the show was a little behind schedule and that I had to wait approximately 60-75 minutes till I was allowed entry for my photos.  Thinking nothing of it, I grabbed my phone and park my butt on a bench outside the venue waiting for the roll call.

Call it good karma or good luck, a random couple was walking by me when they stopped, turned and asked "Are you going to the show tonight?"  I told them that I was doing some media coverage for the show and was just waiting for the go ahead.  Out of nowhere, the couple hands me an envelope and says "Well, I have something that's going to go to waste so please take it and enjoy."  I open the envelope only to find a VIP access pass to the show.  Not knowing what to say I looked up at the nice couple and replied with "are you serious?!"


(photo courtesy of AFGM & Live Nation)

Turns out the gentlemen and his lady has a cancellation and wanted someone to enjoy the show.  So VIP pass and photo pass, I don't think you could ask for the better night for a concert (especially with the amazing weather too).  Not being able to catch their names, I truly hope someone reads this article and knows the amazing couple.  Section 303 VIP, I humbly thank you for allowing me to enjoy the rest of the show!

So, onto the show.  I snapped a few great photos from the pit in the first few songs and thought to share them with all you fine folk a truly classy Canadian band.  If I had a million dollars, chances are I'd be buying tickets to their shows for quite some time.  Cheers!

(photo courtesy of AFGM & Live Nation)

(photo courtesy of AFGM & Live Nation)

(photo courtesy of AFGM & Live Nation)

(photo courtesy of AFGM & Live Nation)

You can check out the rest of the photos (as well as my other shows) over at AFGM Facebook.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment