Thursday, September 19, 2013

Dayshell's Not Coming In

So a band that is almost brand new to the scene (and for their label Sumerian Records) but still has some experience in previous bands on the bill is the newly formed Dayshell.  Much like a metamorphic rock under pressure, Dayshell was formed after lead man Shayley "Dayshell" Bourget decided to leave Of Mice & Men to pursue other musical endeavours, shocking fans and the music world alike as OM&M were well on their way to become a top notch performer.

"I want to push boundaries.  This is our own style. It might be heavy at the forefront, but there's beauty behind that. It encompasses all of my influences from Deftones and Led Zeppelin to Incubus and Enya. I like to call it 'Fresh Metal'."  -Bourget

So with that Dayshell began to take shape.  The group quickly got their ducks in order and released their first single "Share With Me" which you can check out below:



Wake up to anxiety
The clock hits paranoia
Slowly I begin to mask myself within
So I'm begging for ya

Share with me only 
Star in the sky
I need a sign from another light

I instantly became hooked on the first single as it encompassed a lot of traits that I like about a song.  It had some amazing vocal range, some great (but not overly complicated) beats, low toned guitars which gave a different feeling to the songs as a whole (could be a result of how they did the production), and the lyrical content.  One could argue it sounds similar to a lot of the emo-rock music you have heard for the past 10 years now but I like to take qualities from each band and attribute them to their overall sound that ultimately makes them stick out compared to others.

"It pretty much tells my whole story.  I would wake up with anxiety, get paranoid, and start drinking in order to feel normal. On the chorus, I'm reaching out for a hand though. I want to become the person I was born to be. I want to be better at what I love to do. At the end of the day, it's a huge 'thank you' to the fans who have supported me and never gave up. I come out of the gate completely honest. Nobody can say anything because I say it all here." -Bourget


Dayshell is:

Shayley Bourget | Raul Martinez | Jordan Wooley

So moving forward, the group recently has got fans hooked as they released their second single "Not Coming In", which you can also check out below:



"I want people to keep an open mind and interpret this the way their heart wants to feel. There's more out there for all of us. If somebody gets inspired, that's incredible. I knew in my heart that this band was always going to happen. This was part of the plan I've had for my whole life." -Bourget

I think their label did a great job of picking up this guy on a new project.  Seems risky when leaving an established band such as Of Mice & Men, but Shayley shows that he's got the right formula for a great album and live sound.  Dayshell's debut album will be released on October 15th, 2013 via Sumerian Records.



That honest carries through the rest of the record as well, and it's speaks the loudest. Shayley holds nothing back, and that's why Dayshell is going to stick with listeners for a long time to come. -Sumerian Records


No comments:

Post a Comment