Friday, September 27, 2013

Dope - Blood Money

Holy shit...DOPE is back!

I was wondering when Virus would be taking a step back from Device and heading back to the studio with Edsel.  Now that I got my answer, I am striving for something more.  I want a Toronto headline date!  I don't know if it's possible but since I've seen these guys open for Black Label Society (Apr. 4th, 2009 @ Sound Academy), I am crossing fingers they got enough support north of the border to bolster a Canadian tour.

So scouring through the (what seems) endless amounts of video and music coming out from multiple record labels, I was extremely happy to see this video clip surface on eOne Music...



So what are fans expecting for the new album Edsel?  DOPE has quite a range when coming to their music style and consistently changing up their sound as each album progresses.

"It sounds like DOPE. But it's next level. It's DOPE in 2014. With every record, the chemistry changes, the band changes and the sound expands. I'm really happy with how it's turning out. It's heavy, it's pointed, it's punk, pissed off, angry, electronic, noisy, melodic and metal. It picks up where 'No Regrets' left off and yet somehow has a lot of the punk/industrial energy of the early 'Felons And Revolutionaries' stuff. It's DOPE. And like all DOPE, it's best when played extremely loud and while traveling at dangerously high speeds." -Edsel

(Photo courtesy of Dope's Facebook Page)

DOPE has been formed and reformed over again over the years.  Not that core members are hard to work with but more along the lines of who is available as a full time musician and who is ready to tour another album alongside Edsel and Virus?

"With every DOPE album, the lineup shakes up a bit.  People grow, visions change and opportunities arise. It's just part of the process and it has always shaken out to be this way. Everyone has there own passions and we all support each other. DOPE has become like a fraternity and I am on great terms with all of the guys who have ever played with me." -Edsel

DOPE 2014 consists of the following lineup:

Edsel Dope - Lead Vocals | Virus - Lead Guitar (also a member of DEVICE with David Draiman of DISTURBED) | Dan "Dubs" Fox - Drums (former DOPE touring drummer and MUSHROOMHEAD percussionist) | Nikk Dibs - Guitar | Jerms Genske - Bass (former lead vocalist of DIRGE WITHIN)

(*Original bassist Acey Slade recently returned to DOPE for a handful of Midwestern shows and will also be performing in Russia with Edsel, Virus, and Dubs at the end of October.*)

(Photo courtesy of Dope/Chris Lotten)

"I love playing with Virus. He's my boy! I'm proud of him! He’s kicking ass with DEVICE. He kicks ass at whatever he does and we will kick ass together again in the near future.  My DOPE batteries are recharged and I am psyched to be back to it full time. The energy of the new music is off the chain! I can't wait to finish it all up and be out there and tour the world." -Edsel

Catch DOPE on tour as the hit up a few areas before conceding back into the studio for the final touches of the new album.

"Truth is, after 13 years of non-stop recording and touring with DOPE, I was burnt and I just needed a break from it all.  I'm ready to go now! I’m excited to get out there and re-connect with the fans and with that energy and feeling of being on tour.  We are gonna do a month worth of shows and lose our fuckin' minds before I slide back into the studio and put the finishing touches on the new album." -Edsel

(Photo courtesy of Dope's Facebook Page)

Tue 24 Sep - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
Wed 25 Sep - Charlote, NC - Chop Shop
Thu 26 Sep - Fayetteville, NC - Drunk Horse Pub
Fri 27 Sep - Baltimore, MD - House of Rock
Sat 28 Sep - Nashaua, NH - Evolution Nightclub
Sun 29 Sep - Worcester, MA - The Paladium Upstairs
Tue 1 Oct - Hartford, CT - Webster Underground
Wed 2 Oct - West Warwick, RI - Manchester 65
Thu 3 Oct - New York, NY - Webster Hall in the Marlin Room
Fri 4 Oct - Reading, PA - Reverb
Sat 5 Oct - Rochester, NY - Montage Music Hall
Sun 6 Oct - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
Tue 8 Oct - Louisville, KY - Diamond Billards
Wed 9 Oct - Detroit, MI - I Rock
Thur 10 Oct - Battle Creek, MI - Planet Rock
Fri 11 Oct - Columbus, OH - Al Rosa Villa
Sat 12 Oct - Woodstock, VA - Virginia Chili Cookoff @ Shenendoah fairgrounds
Tue 15 Oct - Appleton, WI - Luna Lounge
Wed 16 Oct - Des Moines, IA - Warehouse
Thu 17 Oct - Wausau, WI - The Filmore
Fri 18 Oct - Chicago, IL - Double Door
Sat 19 Oct - Janesville, WI - Back Bar
Sun 20 Oct - Bloomington, IL - Castle Theatre

More information as it comes in folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment