Thursday, March 27, 2014

Gym Music V

My life has been rather hectic these past few weeks.  Not to dive into it too much but life's curve ball has prevented me from visiting my gym on a regular basis.  As two (almost three) weeks passed by, I realized that I had lost focus of my gym goals and needed to get back into it STAT!  So I took off early from my work day, grabbed my gym shoes and took a walk down the street where I knew gym employees were going to haze me with "where have you been?!"

Knowing fully that I deserved whatever hazing they were going to give me, I threw on the gym shorts/shoes and jumped onto some cardio.  While my playlist on my phone has been rather stagnant I was eager to throw on some tunes I knew were going to pump up my blood and get me back into that groove I fell out of light with.  Rather than continuing with my playlist I currently had on my phone, I loaded a few tunes that were kind of a throwback for moi.

1) Across The Sun - Before The Night Takes Us

Recommended Track: "Tipping The Scales"




2) Across The Sun - Pestilence & Rapture (EP)

Recommended Track: "The Ardent Optimist"




3) Bury Your Dead - Mosh 'N' Roll

Recommended Track: "Slaughterhouse Five"




You can see a correlation of music styles for my session yesterday.  It was one of those days where I was in the mood for some hard hitting tunes, good rhythms to keep on pace with (whether cardio or weights) and something to give me that mental "umph" and finish that set of 13 rather than 12.  While my body will probably regret the big goals I set for myself to return to the gym, the feeling of "suck it up buttercup" comes to mind.

Soreness goes away, wounds heal, and life goes on.  So now that I got my taste of being back (even if it was only 2-3 weeks), I am hoping to continue to good vibes and get myself ready for summer time epicness with outdoor backpacking, cycling, running, and of course sticking to those weights!


4) Eighteen Visions - Eighteen Visions

Recommended Track: "Victim"




5) For The Fallen Dreams - Wasted Youth

Recommended Track: "Resolvent Feelings"




6) The Amity Affliction - Youngbloods

Recommended Track: "I Hate Hartley"



So what have YOU all been listening to at the gym?  Do you go with the repetitive EDM music you constantly hear on Virgin Radio?  Do you bring your own playlist to the gym?  Do you just ignore all the music around you?  Do you bring just earplugs?

1 comment:

  1. I usually load up the iPod with my music i haven't listened to in awhile and usually keep it there for a month or so. Currently listening to the 'No Thanks - The 70s Punk Rebellion' & 'Punk-O-Rama' collections.
    Nice mixture of classic old and somewhat newer punk.

    ReplyDelete