Monday, March 3, 2014

We Butter The Bread With Butter Live @ Hard Luck Bar (Feb 15th, 2014)

Saturday night in the cold of Toronto I am finishing a round of drinks with family members who have come to visit for the evening.  After some good times and laughs, I hopped on the street car down to Dundas West and Bathurst to a venue I have never been to and a band I have never seen before.

Being that this tour was delayed from 2013 to 2014 only gave me more time to sit down and check out their latest album Goldkinder.  As the four piece group follows in the footsteps of my all-time favourite band (Rammstein) I was grasping the concept of the album, sound and style...even with an odd and long name to explain to newcomers.


A long list of bands had doors opening early and giving the hardcore fans a place to sit down, drop off their coats and find somewhere to put their drink as they flailed their arms about during the sets of the opening acts.  Then again, I am only assuming this was the case; call it a sense of experience from shows of my own and many in the big city.

As I have previous research of Honour Crest, I was excited to hear what "Spilled Ink" sounded like on a live scale.  The group managed to grab a hold of the fans early in to their set with their down tuned, breakdown method of delivery.



A set well done but leaving me hungry for more good music like that.  All honesty and no offense to the opening act, but Lions Lions didn't satisfy me.  While the band had a unique sound and approach to their tunes, their music didn't resonate on a level that kept me intrigued.  A valiant effort nonetheless to the fans that came out to support them.

Then we moved on to the main event.  We Butter The Bread With Butter gave the [only slightly vacant] room a show that was worthy of their flight from Germany.  Small nuances such as strobes and head light gear made their set even more of a theatrical show than previous artists warming up the crowd.  I am firm believe in giving a visual display to fan while belting out your hits to sing along to.  So check out the photos below.  I have a large amount I am still working on so more will be posted as they are finished.  Cheers and be sure to check them out next time they come through town!










More on the way so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment