Friday, April 25, 2014

Chiodos Streaming ENTIRE "Devil" Album

While Chiodos is not a house hold name with my girlfriend and I, they have continually been circulating round the touring schedules in North America since 2001 and have toured with major names such as Fear Before the March of Flames, Atreyu, From First to Last, Every Time I Die, 36 Crazyfists, Linkin Park, Coheed and Cambria, Nine Inch Nails, and Alice in Chains.  Not a bad set of bands to be touring with I must say.

So the group has had it's fair share of ups and downs.  They lost some members and have gained (and re-gained) new ones along the way.  Most of the core member that started the group are still in Chiodos, which made their latest effort, "Devil", and very strong release for 2014.  The official release date was April 1st, 2014 via Razor & Tie Records.  The album was produced by David Bottrill who has done previous production work with Tool, Muse, Flaw, Dream Theater, Silverchair, Placebo, The Smashing Pumpkins, Between The Buried and Me, and many more!

Where the band's last album found them trying to keep their heads above water, Devil sees them continuing to move forward again, and although Hale's presence will certainly be missed, fans of the band will find that the return of Frost and Owens more than makes up for the loss. -All Music

So like most bands (and labels) who can stay in the technology game, they released the entire new album online for your streaming pleasure.  This may prompt you to pick up a copy of the album and support the group.



"Devil isn’t something I thought long and hard about. It is something that hit me, and hard. I asked myself if I was brave enough to stand behind such a strong, emotionally evoking word.. and I knew right then, that was it. This title is not to be confused with the muscled, red horned man surrounded by fire. This is about the temptations of everyday life; the things that become regrets; the moments where you are forced to make a choice that will determine how it is that you look at yourself for the rest of your life. This album is my definition of Devil." -Craig Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment