Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Album Artwork 20 Years Later

So here's a moment to make you feel quite old.  So after seeing this in my news feed, I was feeling a bit senior when seeing these album covers passing the twenty year mark!  Some of these albums were the cornerstone of my childhood and could easily sing along to mostly all the songs.  I can't recall a time where I wasn't playing the entire album of "Dookie" while working on my air guitar skills.

(Green Day - Dookie)

With that being said, it brought a big smile to my face when seeing Phillip Marsden recreated these classic album covers into something more fitting of the 2014 era we currently live in.  Do you have any fond memories of any of these?  Is this article making you fee old?

(Beastie Boys - Ill Communication)

(Hole - Live Through This)

(Machine Head - Burn My Eyes)

(Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible)

You can also check out some other work that Phillip has done for Kerrang! Magazine, including his drawings for Kerrang's "Encyclopedia of Rock"

(Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral) 

(Pantera - Far Beyond Driven)

(Therapy? - Troublegum) 

(Weezer - Weezer [The Blue Album])

"Phillip Marsden is a cartoonist, illustrator and general ink wallah from the UK, currently based in Sydney, Australia.

Clients include NME, ShortList and Kerrang! magazines in the UK, Foxtel and Woolworths in Australia. Comics self-published under the imprint Compromise Comics Enterprise." -phillipmarsden.com

No comments:

Post a Comment