Thursday, May 29, 2014

Amberian Dawn - Magic Forest

Napalm Records and their distinctive logo at the starting of every music video has been keeping me interested and intrigued for some time now.  Discovering bands on their label such as Gloryhammer, Russkaja, and The Unguided has been exciting.  They seem to have a good roster filled with female fronted metal bands, along with operatic style vocal with heavy synthesizers.

Either way, it's good music and very hopeful that Napalm will continue to enlist quality bands such as the one I just checked out today.  Finland's Amberian Dawn have been on the scene since 2006 and have produced 5 albums in that time frame.  Now readying their sixth LP, Amerian Dawn released both an album preview and a brand new music video for the track "Magic Forest".



Great CGIs and great video production.  But more important, it's great sounding music for those epic nights where I (personally) would be sitting around my living room table, watching some epic medieval TV show like Game of Thrones and attempting to play some RISK!  C'mon, you all know deep down inside this peaked your interest.  I was even lame enough last time to take photos of us playing it.

Anyways, back to the music. Amberian Dawn's new album, "Magic Forest", will be released on July 8th, 2014.  It's of interest to know that this will be the first album from Amberian Dawn and their new vocalist Päivi "Capri" Virkkunen.  A great choice for a replacement is I do say so myself.  It seems as thought the band has been extremely happy with their choice when she joined the roster back in 2012.

"Finding Capri and getting her to join AD is like a big dream coming true to me. Capri shares the same taste in music as I and that's why is obvious that our new partnership is like 'match made in heaven'. She really makes my compositions to shine like never before and I'm so impressed about her every way. I'm as excited as back then, when I found our original singer Heidi." -Tuomas Seppälä


1. Cherish My Memory
2. Dance Of Life
3. Magic Forest
4. Agonizing Night
5. Warning
6. Son Of Rainbow
7. I'm Still Here
8. Memorial
9. Endless Silence
10. Green-Eyed

"Magic Forest is AD's first studio album with singer Capri. With her I've been able to fulfill some of my early dreams with musical styles and this new style is really big, fresh and naturally flowing. The new sound is more keyboard driven and the vocal lines have some strong 1980's influences.



But since this is AMBERIAN DAWN, there's, of course, also some fast songs included and some really serious guitar and keyboard shredding too. Mr. Jens Johansson of STRATOVARIUS once again contributed some really awesome playing in form of one keyboard solo. Thank you, Jens, you've been supporting us so many years now. This is also first time on AMBERIAN DAWN's history when we had an actual production team put together." -Tuomas Seppälä

No comments:

Post a Comment