Wednesday, June 11, 2014

All Ages VS 19+

"Hey Andrew,

I wanted to share something with you about an upcoming concert at the Phoenix on June 21st.  It's the Guitar Gods 2014 tour with Yngwie Malmsteen, (Scorpions, Electric Sun), Gary Hoey ("Hocus Pocus") and Bumblefoot (Guns N' Roses). When I found out (through the venue website) that it was a 19+ show, I was really bummed out about this, especially for a younger generation of rock fans (and for my niece and nephew).  Needless to say I was a little pissed off. So I thought about what could I do with this.

I made a comment on Yngwie's official Facebook site, and then I had an idea.  I sent an e-mail to Yngwie`s management (who is his wife April) and it was heartfelt.  I received a reply from I am guessing one of her assistants and she said that 'April wasn't aware that the Toronto show was age restricted, that usually it was a legal issue, and that there was nothing they could do'.

After some time, the assistant mentioned that April worked hard and was able to get the show all ages!  April even tweeted about the show now being all ages.  I couldn't believe my e-mail actually worked!  It made me very happy.

I think this is the moral of my story.  It just goes to show you that something as simple as sending an e-mail management might work sometimes." -Craig McCourt


Thank you for the message Craig.  It's nice to see the little things such as this that will make the experience for you (and younger generations) that much better.  Unfortunately though, this message came to me prior to Yngwie & April's announcement of Uli John Roth...

"It is with great regret for us to announce that Uli Jon Roth cannot participation in the upcoming Guitar Gods Tour due to work visa delays/complications beyond our control. Uli and ourselves have been working up until this time to make everything work out and have him perform on tour. Every possible avenue has been considered, including having Uli join the tour at a later date, but unfortunately it is simply not possible. We will miss the presence of a great musician and dear friend on this tour." -Yngwie and April Malmsteen

Regardless of this news, old and young fans will be able to see some legends performing together in a venue of 1,300 people.  Going to be a great how either way.  Reminder that the show will be on June 21st, 2014.  Grab your tickets today before a sell out!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Andrew. Damn, I can't believe Uli won't be performing. I wonder if April is going to bring someone else on board for this tour. Like Michael Schenker, that would be cool. By the way I got meet and greets with Yngwie for Justin as well after the show. :)

    ReplyDelete