Friday, June 6, 2014

Killer Be Killed - Wings of Feather and Wax

Until today, Killer Be Killed was just a mere footnote in my weekly music news updates.  Well, I shouldn't a mere footnote.  I just haven't written anything specifically about them.  After viewing their brand new music video for "Wings of Feather and Wax" today, I was uber excited to see and hear more from the super group.  Call me a visual kind of guy but I feel that in a day and age where anyone can make music, sometimes how you present yourself can be equally important.  Check out the video below.



As much as I see excited energy emitting from all four members, I think drummer Dave Elitch made this video much more emotional.  Like seriously, look at the way he is banging away on those enough to get Max Cavalera into it.  Hell, it makes me want to jump on a kit and start going to town!

"Having met, created and recorded an album together, this experience has easily exceeded my initial expectations.  The collective energy and mutual respect for one another eased the entire process and has been very therapeutic for me." -Troy Sanders

So for those who are not aware, members of Soulfly, Mastodon, The Dillinger Escape Plan, and The Mars Volta all got together and compose (in my opinion) of the better metal albums of 2014.  Three skilled vocalists, three frontman for their own bands, and a dash of groove their tunes.


Killer Be Killed is:

Greg Puciato - vocals, guitar | Max Cavalera - vocals, guitar
Troy Sanders - vocals, bass | Dave Elitch - drums

Their self-titled debut record was released on May 13th, 2014 via Nuclear Blast Entertainment.

(Album artwork courtesy of Killer Be Killed and Nuclear Blast)

1. Wings Of Feather And Wax
2. Face Down
3. Melting Of My Marrow
4. Snakes of Jehova
5. Curb Crusher
6. Save The Robots
7. Fire To Your Flag
8. I.E.D.
9. Dust Into Darkness
10. Twelve Labors
11. Forbidden Fire
12. Ghosts Of Chernobyl (vinyl-only bonus track)



You have been advised.  Now go listen to the album and purchase a copy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment