Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Body Count Streaming ENTIRE "Manslaughter" Album

Is my age an excuse to not know much about Body Count?  As the band formed in 1990, I was still developing my linguistic skills and getting along nicely with my classmates while Ice-T was spewing charged lyrics such as "Cop Killer".  That being said, I know I've had plenty of time to get reacquainted with their music.  But since their presence in the music scene has diminished over the past decade or so, I remained a touch ignorant.

Since then the group has pumped out 5 records (in between scenes of Law & Order), with the newest release coming out this week!  So if you haven't had the chance yet, check out their epic return to the touring circuit and the new album to go along with it.  "Manslaughter" was released on June 10th, 2014 via Sumerian Records.



"People have been asking me to do some music, and I haven't really been inspired to do hip hop for a while, 'cause hip hop kind of got really pop to me. But my band always wants to play, so we decided to do an album. We got signed to Sumerian Records. We finished the album. It's called 'Manslaughter'. We shot the [first] video. We did the album cover. It'll be out June 10. And it's brutal. It's brutal." -Ice-T


1. Talk Shit, Get Shot
2. Pray For Death
3. 99 Problems BC
4. Back To Rehab
5. Manslaughter
6. Get A Job
7. Institutionalized 2014
8. Pop Bubble
9. Enter The Dark Side
10. Bitch In The Pit
11. Black Voodoo Sex
12. Wanna Be A Gangsta
13. I Will Always Love You

1 comment:

  1. I remember when Body Count’s debut album came out and it was long before WB caved into pressure from various police groups and forced the band to remove ‘Cop Killer’.
    Luckily I got my copy before this because, regardless of your view on censorship and free speech, it was a great song for a turbulent time, especially in LA were the police seemed out of control, particularly if you were black. You may recall the whole ‘Rodney King’ situation.

    I just listened to the new ‘Institutionalized 2014’ on YouTube and have to admit it was OK but still doesn’t come close to the original by Suicidal Tendencies.

    Still Ice-T (along with Slayer) did do what I thought was a nice job covering The Exploited on the Judgement Night soundtrack, a medley of ‘War’, ‘UK82’, and ‘Disorder’, which I still put on my play list every once and awhile.

    Haven’t listened to Body Count much since their debut album in ’92, although it was definitely a good album of the time (before the edit). With the release of Manslaughter, perhaps time for another listen.

    ReplyDelete