Wednesday, January 9, 2013

BMTH - Sempiternal

So these guys have been hit and miss with the online critics and personally didn't think much of them when I found out about them during the "Suicide Season" album release.  A couple good tunes here and there (I remember "The Comedown" and "Chelsea Smile" as tracks that stuck out) but wasn't into them too much.  Then I happened to catch them on tour with Parkway Drive, Architects and Deez Nuts.  The stage presence was not what I expected and the crowd reaction was equal to those of the other bands on the bill.  Needless to say they had a good amount of fans ready to open the floor up.


So they won me over after blasting through their setlist and adding some great stage props such as foggers, beach balls and climbing every piece of equipment the venue had to offer.  Oli even ran through the crowd and performed a track with fans on the upper level of the venue.  A nice tough for those getting to throw their arm around him and scream into the microphone.  Since then I have been keeping my eye on them.  During the "There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret" era, and now with the announcement of their new album up for grabs.



1. Can You Feel My Heart
2. The House Of Wolves
3. Empire (Let Them Sing)
4. Sleepwalking
5. Go To Hell, For Heaven's Sake
6. Shadow Moses
7. And The Snakes Start To Sing
8. Seen It All Before
9. Anti-vist
10. Crooked Young
11. Hospitals For Souls

*For a full album stream via Epitaph Records, click HERE!*

"Sempinternal" is going to be their forth full length release and is set to hit shelves on April 29th, 2013 via RCA Records.




"I think it’s going to be a far more positive album.  Not cheesy, but I’ve got a much clearer view of my life; I’ve definitely gone through a lot of shit and feel like I’ve finally got through it. There’s a lot of reflection there and there’s a lot of almost apologies that I want to write. I think a lot of the stuff - the way I was and what I’ve done - has affected a lot of people and I never saw it that way. It’s not just an apology, it’s a confirmation of everything that’s happened and where we are today." -Oli Sykes



"Pushing ourselves musically is - for me anyway - the goal.  All the things that have come with that in the past have been positive, so that’s all we know. We’re definitely not writing songs with the idea of being on the radio, achieving this or that. For instance, we wrote a song you can imagine on the soundtrack to the end of the world, but it’s not it was written for that purpose. The only goal for us is pushing ourselves and hopefully that will be rewarding in itself." -Oli Sykes


March 5th UPDATE:

The music video for "Sleepwalking" has been released, so check it out below:

No comments:

Post a Comment