Monday, January 7, 2013

Bullet For My Valentine - Temper Temper

OK, so I feel I've been neglecting the upcoming release from UK's Bullet For My Valentine.  I don't really know why.  I think it came back on the fact that I just didn't care for the first single the guys released called "Temper Temper":



I think that at the time of reading about this new album I was more infatuated with the constant releasing of music videos and single from Matt Tuck's other project AxeWound, which you can check out my article on them in the link below:

AFGM: AxeWound - Vultures

Even if I wasn't impressed with the first single (didn't really give me that "I want to hear more" vibe) but these guys have consistently made decent albums since I discovered them back during "The Poison".  They had [and even still have] great potential then so why did I stray from them?  "Your Betrayal", "4 Words", "Waking the Demon" are all great singles from these guys.  So I think it's safe to say that I jumped the gun on their new album.

Anyways, they got a new album coming out with the same title "Temper Temper" which is going to see a release date of February 12th, 2013 via RCA Records.  A perfect gift for those metal heads that are looking to romance the shit out their loved ones.  What a better way to say "I love you" than handing them a copy of this:


Pretty sexy right?  I think it'll be a better Valentine's Day gift than a bullet?  Sorry, dry humor there...only making myself laugh I'm sure.

I like to think they got my attention a little more with the front cover.  It's simple, good colour scheme and opens up for many interpretations of where they got their creativity from.  I think I did the opposite of what you are supposed to do with a book.  I read a chapter (aka heard the single) but didn't bother to check the front cover which can sometimes play just as big of a role in an album than the songs/lyrics do.



So here is the track listing for the upcoming album:

1. Breaking Point
2. Truth Hurts
3. Temper Temper
4. Pow
5. Dirty Little Secret
6. Leech
7. Dead To The World
8. Riot
9. Saints n Sinners
10. Tears Don't Fall (Part 2)
11. Livin Life (On The Edge of A Knife)

Deluxe-edition bonus tracks:

12. Not Invincible
13. Whole Lotta Rosie (from the "Live Lounge" show on BBC Radio 1)
14. Scream Aim Fire (from the "Live Lounge" show on BBC Radio)

If you are like me, you sifted through that track listing and saw "Tears Don't Fall (Part 2)" right of the bat.  Wasn't sure if it was going to be a straight continuation of the song like Metallica's Unforgiven (I & II) or if it's going to be a little harder to connect the two parts like I did with Unforgiven Part II & III.  I felt they did quite well on their continuation and still have the same tempo, scales and structure similar to part I:



"The overall sound of our album is a mid tempo hard rock stomper with flashes of old school metal thrown in for fun.  Massive vocal melodies and hooks with insane solos make this one our strongest record to date by far." -Matt Tuck

You can also check out the latest singles from BFMV titled "Riot" and "Breaking Point".  Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment