Friday, April 26, 2013

Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix cover Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive"


Now I don't necessarily like to put my effort and energy into musicians that were discovered by reality and competition shows.  As far as I can remember, the only notable artist (in my opinion) that has emerged from the slew of music competition shows is Kelly Clarkson.  No real reason why.  I think that I just enjoyed her voice and album "Breakaway".  After that, I found that they (broadcast companies) were trying to push the same formula again, and again, and again.  Enter Pentatonix into the mix.  A five piece a cappella group that partnered up with emerging violinist Lindsey Stirling to create this wonderful rendition of Imagine Dragons' hit single "Radioactive".  Pentatonix got their claim to fame by competing in season 3 of NBC's "The Sing-Off" against 15 other groups.  Why is it when I hear a cappella now that it instantly throws me back to The Office's Andy Bernard? haha

Anyways, here's the clip:



Check out my previous article covering Lindsey Stirling.  A great artist in the making.

AFGM: Stirling - Electronica meets Classical

No comments:

Post a Comment