Monday, August 12, 2013

The Used - The Ocean of the Sky

Now I'm a huge fan of these guys but I will admit that I have seen them put on a killer show back in the day.  They have been forever imprinted in my mind as an original emo pioneer band.  Now I'm sure many fans of the genre could pick out many artists that could take the reigns in this category, but when seeing them in 2005 alongside My Chemical Romance, Senses Fail and Saosin, I'm not sure how much more of an emo show you could get.  Truth be told I only bought my ticket with the intention of seeing Killswitch Engage (shhhh!)

Anyways, The Used is still cutting record and touring extensively.  They just released an EP titled "The Ocean of the Sky" on July 9th, 2013 via Anger Music Group/Hopeless Records.  I got to hand it to the band and Bert though, they can still rock out with the best of them.


So why am I talking about this EP?  Well as luck would have it, Hopeless Records decided to release the EP via YouTube for your listening pleasure.  Enjoy!

Iddy Biddy:



Quixotica:



Thought Criminal:



The Ocean of the Sky:



Tethys:

No comments:

Post a Comment