Thursday, May 17, 2012

Things I Miss: Soul Embraced

Now this is one is not a dead in the water project and yes, I understand if this is a group you've never heard of (we all have our gems we like to listen to).  Basically, back in the day while continuing to expand my music horizons and discover some new metal bands (like every other day), I came across these guys being plugged from Solid State Records.  Now mind you, I got into these guys late in the game, as they had already produced 2 prior albums with Solid State Records.  It really didn't mean much to me anyways...late attention is better than no attention at all.



Soul Embraced is the name and metalcore is their game.  I remember biking home from work one sunny afternoon and thought to put the album on random.  "Curtain of Deceit" was my first track I had the pleasure to listen to and never looked back (well obviously for other cyclists haha).  The lead pieces on the guitar work I found to be great melody, especially for a band who doesn't incorporate much singing in their vocals, I felt this made up for it.  Track after track I was peddling faster, getting you pumped up more or less.  Anyone who cranks a favourite tune... you know what I'm talking about:



Since the band is still very much alive and kickin, their roster is as follows:

Chad Moore - Lead Vocals (1999–present)
Ed Collins - Lead Guitar (2010–present)
Jeff Bowie - Bass Guitar (2006–present)
Rocky Gray - Lead Guitar, Vocals (1997–2008), Drums (2008–present)



1. To End It All
2. Breaking Point
3. Curtain Of Deceit
4. The Devil's Reflection
5. Everything Reminds Me Of You
6. La Fin Absolue Du Monde
7. Crawl
8. Into Darkness
9. Judas I've Become
10. Bloodstained Nevada
11. Kill This
12. In Memory
13. Dead Alive

Funny fact I didn't know till started researching these guys:  Evanescence's song "Tourniquet" from their debut album "Fallen" is a cover of the Soul Embraced song "My Tourniquet".  I guess it makes sense since Rocky Gray took over drumming duties for Evanescence from '03-'07 before focusing his attention to his side projects and also revived former projects such as Living Sacrifice.


1. Unborn
2. Screams Unseen
3. Ascend into Thy Embrace
4. My Tourniquet
5. Forgiveness in Solitude
6. Devour Gomorrah
7. Exhumed
8. Suffer No More
9. Cleansed
10. Seperation
11. Fleshless
12. Without Sight
13. Bloodwashed

Anyways, after a three album run, the band parted ways with Solid State Records and were now in the free agent market.




(Artwork for "Immune" done by Demon Hunter's Ryan Clark)

Actively looking for someone to assist them with the release of their newest album "Mythos", the group finally landed a distribution contract with Rottweiler Records, but unfortunately still are awaiting a release date.  And yeah, the cover art is pretty bad ass.  It was drawn up by longtime artist Travis Smith, who also did the artwork for "This Is My Blood" and "Dead Alive".


I am looking forward to that release date, whenever it is being set.  For now, you can pick up a copy of their previous albums online.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for promoting.. good band. Can't wait for the tour!

    ReplyDelete