Monday, May 27, 2013

Music News and New Music for May 27th, 2013

So of course, when running your own blog solo it can be tough to keep up with the s**tload of stuff that comes across our ears over a weekend!  Some good, some bad, some not even worth mentioning.  I guess that's how I use AFGM in general.  These articles that I go through everyday from various sites (Blabbermouth,. Bravewords, CBC, National Post, AV Club, Music News, MissInfo, Billboard, Rolling Stone, etc.) and sort of "filter" some of the nonsense news such as the latest fashion design, who's got beef with who and who ISN'T doing music...still.

These articles brought forth are for a few different reasons:

1. It is relevant music information that pertains to you as a reader, no matter the level of intent or the genre.

2. They are relevant to the music I would be currently listening to or a genre I have put some attention and focus on.

3. I am somewhat patriotic about my Canadian music, so that always comes as a first for me.  I enjoy music from all parts of the world respectively, but I still have to promote local if I can.  Canadian music rocks!

4. Because it's humourous and we can ALWAYS use a good laugh.  Rarely will it be at someone's expense...but then again I am just the guy talking about it.  They're the ones causing the comments.

So in closing, I trust you all will not read EVERY single article posted here.  But I hope you find something of use here and keep the conversation going by forwarding it onto someone else.  Click on each article heading for redirection to the full article.  Cheers!



Sigur Ros Rock 'Kveikur' on 'Leno':




Concert Review: TSO speaks a little too softly with Brahms’s A German Requiem:

"People who have heard the TSO lately will not be surprised to learn that the instrumental component was fine, from the darkly subtle trombones to the soothing (and late-arriving) violins. Even the harp arpeggio of the final chord was nicely articulated. Yet the totality was too understated to do justice to the words or Brahms’s powerful treatment of them."


Muse Will Play at 'World War Z' Premiere:

"It made the movie feel and sound really cool.  After we layered in the music, we reached out to their management in the U.S. and the U.K. to see how we could reach beyond the movie. We wanted (the relationship) to be bigger than that." -Randy Spendlove (president of Paramount Pictures' movie music division)


Dallas Green balances darkness and light:

"I was able to finish the verses and the song I guess, as a whole and really see where that song was going, early last year when I was on tour… after a tumultuous period in my life, I recognize that it’s the truth." -Green


30 Seconds To Mars perform "Up In The Air" on Conan (05/22/13):




WOLFMOTHER Frontman To Release Solo Debut:

"It's a good pressure because it asks that question: is it any good? Do you like this music, do you like the film clips, the artwork. What's it about? I've put my heart and soul into it, and I believe in it." -Andrew Stockdale


Paul McCartney Supports Pussy Riot in Letters to Russian Authorities:

"My personal belief is that further incarceration for Maria will be harmful for her and the situation as a whole, which, of course, is being watched by people all over the world." -McCartney


John Fogerty not against Creedence reunion:

"I think it's a possibility in the future. It's not something I'm actively seeking, but I'm not totally against the idea either. It just seems like I always hear that's not going to happen."


Deadmau5 Previews New Songs:

"Suite 03", "Monophobia", and "Killthemau5" are new featured tracks.


DEEP PURPLE Perform 'All The Time In The World' On German Television:




'DIMEBAG' DARRELL ABBOTT Wax Sculpture Unveiled:



'Heavy Metal Movies' Book Coming Soon:

“Heavy Metal Movies is the head banging-est, ear bleeding-est tribute to the world’s two finest inventions: heavy metal and the movies!” —John Fasano (Zombie Nightmare, Black Roses, Rock ‘N Roll Nightmare)


Dates And Lineup Officially Revealed For 2013 ‘Scream The Prayer Tour’:

Impending Doom | Gideon | Wolves At The Gate | Fit For A King | The Great Commission | The Seeking | Everyone Dies In Utah | The Overseer | Those Who Fear | Silent Planet


Dates can be found over at: www.facebook.com/ScreamThePrayer


Taproot Add More Dates To “Gift” Tour:

06/21 Toledo, OH – Mainstreet
06/22 Jackson, MI – Rockapalooza
06/23 Newport, KY – The Thompson House
06/24 Pittsburgh, PA – Hard Rock Cafe Pittsburgh
06/26 Stanhope, NJ – Stanhope House
06/28 Hartford, CT – The Webster Underground
06/29 Baltimore, MD – TBA
06/30 Amityville, NY – Revolution Bar & Music Hall
07/02 New York, NY – The Studio At Webster Hall
07/04 Hampton, NH – Wally’s Pub
07/05 West Greenwich, RI – TBA
07/06 Bristol, CT – TBA
07/10 St. Joseph, MI – TBA
07/13 Ann Arbor, MI – TBA


BUTCHER BABIES - New Album Street Date Confirmed:


"Working with Josh Wilbur was an incredible experience because he helped us explore ourselves as musicians and further develop the unique sound that is the Butcher Babies," says the band of their recording experience. "Being a debut album, this has been in the works since we were young, and we are so proud to have created a collaboration of all our personal influences into one complete sound."


Bruce Dickinson to join charity bike ride to Download:

"Yes, maybe it's the first time the headliner has shown up on a bike, but I do use my bike to get around in London when l get the chance and have turned up at the BBC on a bike before, although the Commissioners were a bit surprised as they are too used to seeing limos! These are great causes, I am only sorry that due to our tour schedule l can't do more of the ride, and hope our fans will support our efforts. I look forward to a day off after the ride seeing some great bands before we go into full Maiden action on the Saturday, with every intention of giving the fans a memorable show. Download and Metal fans are the best there are, so everyone expects something very special."


DEAD BY APRIL: Lyric Video For First Single Featuring New Singer:

No comments:

Post a Comment